Follow these instructions to upkeep L'Insert on a regular basis:
What you'll need
Step 1: Vacuum
Using a delicate vacuum cleaner, clean the inner surfaces of L'Insert. If an appropriate nozzle is provided, you may wish to vacuum the inside of your insert's pockets.
Step 2: Dust
Brush the inner and outer surfaces of L'Insert with a dust roller. Optionally, you may also use a delicate lint roller.
Step 3: Clean
Clean the surfaces of your insert with a damp microfibre cloth. user a white cloth. If you encounter any old stains of unknown origins, treat with lukewarm water, then rinse by dabbing them with clean water. If you see that the stain begins to dissolve in the water, repeat the treatment for as long as necessary; let it dry and, if necessary, treat with ethyl alcohol.
Quarterly or semiannually, you may wish to give your collection of inserts a thorough cleaning treatment. To do so, follow these instructions:
What you'll need:
Step 1: Wash
Empty L'Insert and place it, alone, in your washing machine. It can be washed in cold water up to 40°C (104°F) on your Delicates program or Synthetics program.
Step 2: Dry
L'Insert should not be tumble-dried. Instead, place it upside-down on an appropriate rack and let it air-dry.
Step 3: Iron
Once it is dry, iron L'Insert through a cloth at temperatures up to 110°C (230°F). Video instructions below.
For the specific treatment of stains, follow these instructions:
- act fast (ideally within 30 mins) and begin treating the stain from the outside edge into the centre in order to avoid the stain spreading;
- do not pour a cleaning product directly onto L'Insert;
- before removing the stain, remove any of the substance; if it’s thick (yoghurt, jam, etc.) use a spoon or a plastic spatula; for liquids, use non printed absorbent paper or a sponge;
- avoid rubbing to prevent the stain from spreading or going deep into the material;
- use a white cloth or a well wrung sponge for the removal of the stains;
- if you use a sponge, rinse it in clean water and wring it well between each wipe.